Effective Date: May 23, 2018
We are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job with Kate King Jewellery.
Personal Information Collect, Use, Disclosure and Consent
We are committed to providing our clients, customers, members (“you”, “your” or “them”) with exceptional service. Providing exceptional service may involve the collection, use and, at times, the disclosure of your Personal Information. Protecting your Personal Information is one of our highest priorities. While we have always respected your privacy and safeguarded all Personal Information, we have strengthened our commitment to this goal. This is to continue to provide exceptional service to you and to comply with all laws regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information. We will inform you of why and how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information; obtain your consent, as required; and handle Personal Information according to applicable law. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your Personal Information and allowing you to request access to, and correction of, or deletion of your personal information.
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Provide you content and venue details on a webinar or event you signed up for.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on our website
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Provide access to your Customer Toolkit
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, invoice, reminders, and similar.
- The contract may be with Kate King Jewellery directly or with a Kate King Jewellery partner.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
- Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Kate King Jewellery and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number(s), email address, birthday, home and/or business addresses. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
If you apply for a job at Kate King Jewellery, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
We will only collect Personal Information that is necessary to fulfil the following purposes:
– To verify identity;
– To identify your preferences;
– To open and manage an account;
– To ensure you receive a high standard of service;
– To meet regulatory requirements;
– Other legal reasons as apply to the goods and services requested.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose Personal Information. You can provide consent orally, in writing, electronically or through an authorized representative.
How long we keep your information?
We maintain a history of your purchases in order to serve you better and help you build your “Toolkit”. We will maintain your information for as long as we have a mutual legitimate relationship.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Kate King Jewellery holds about you.
- The right to request that Kate King Jewellery corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Kate King Jewellery to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications: If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Kate King Jewellery, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Kate King Jewellery provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data,
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to email@example.com
- We may collect, use or disclose Personal Information without the consent:
- When permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- When the Personal Information is available from a public source;
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt or protection from fraud;
- Other legally established reasons.
We will not sell your Personal Information to other parties. We retain your Personal Information for the time necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and complete. You may request a correction to your Personal Information to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request must be in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify your Personal Information and the correction being sought.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and may use passwords, encryption, firewalls, restricted employee access or other methods, in our discretion. We will use appropriate security measures when destroying your Personal Information such as shredding documents or deleting electronically stored information, in our discretion.
We may collect information that your web browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. If you do not instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, your consent to our use of your Personal Information may be implied.
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance With Laws
As set out above, and for clarity, we will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Canada and process it there.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Minor”) without Parental Consent
During an analysis, we may collect personally identifiable information from Minors. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Minor has provided us with Personal Information and do not wish us to retain it, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Minors without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.